Obesity is a chronic disease, a quiet disease but becoming a recognized epidemic. It is associated with different diseases that carry with them a greater risk of shortened mortality and diminution in quality of life. .
Obesity: general advice to lower weight…
1. In order to lower weight an integral treatment is necessary that guarantees a long term loss of weight taking into considerations of all the factors: degree of overweight, eating habits, level of physical activity, motivation to fulfill the treatment, etc.
2. It is important to not forget that to lose weight is, above everything else, a question of improving your health.
Two very important points.
What is a healthful weight loss?
A little means much. A loss of 5-10 % of your present weight will contribute great benefits to your body and health.
How fast should weight be lost?
An excessively fast weight loss is not healthy nor realistic.
3. Regularly control weight with the professional of your choice, he will inform you about your initial weight, ideal weight, and ways to reach the goals you set following your caregivers advise.
4. Obesity is a health problem. It causes numerous complications and is a disease in itself: Side effects from Obesity include hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol… Heart and circulatory problems to name a few. Obesity is not just an aesthetics problem. How you look is less important than the UNSEEN processes going on in your body.
5. It is a problem that requires a multifactorial treatment: A healthy diet program or plan with a good balance of fat, protein and carbohydrates. It is necessary to include exercise or activity to enhance circulation, get the metabolism to burn more calories rather than store calories as fat.
A good tip is to choose a balanced diet and then include meal scheduling to distribute your required calories throughout the day. Normal is 5 or 6 meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Snack,Dinner and a bedtime snack. You can add a morning snack if so desired. Total allowed calories for the day should be divided and consumed as indicated.
Good Advise: do not alternate periods of overeating with strict dieting. This creates a yo-yo effect of losing and gaining which research suggests is much harder on your body than remaining at one weight level.
Ceferino Perez Medical Vzquez of Family Center of Health of Cambre (To Corunna) wrote an article that was used as a reference for this article.
The extract by Root of Cocolmeca, that is a plant of Mexican origin that has ample properties that helped to lose weight. Its dietetic fiber content makes excellent for the digestion.
If you don’t have a diet plan, you might want to Click Here and read the information presented. Many ideas to reduce cravings and hunger and help you really lose weight.